Latest Stainless Prices

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Boxadog 2000

Stainless steel

Postby Boxadog 2000 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:18 pm

Well Captain its like this.
You pay your money and take your chances.

I have covered well over 250,000 miles using A2 70 grade stainless for all applications and have never had a failure yet.

Whilst I am not Rossi or Chilli I have been known to get my knee down on ocassion am not exactly a slouch.

To all others

Regarding labels yeah Rob is doing a sterling service by labelling each bolt/screw but if you cant remove a screw and match it from one out of a bag full are you sure that you can check your own tite pressures.

I really really do not have any axe to grind with Rob, he just is not in a position to be able to offer products a t a competitive price he is an Avionics Technician I am in the Engineering consumables Industry we do not buy from fastener wholesalers we buy from source.

If folks want stainless screws I will sell a complete kit for engine,bodywork and brakes in fact everything that Rob listed in his previous post for £15.00.

Or I will sell it to Rob for £17.50 and he can then re package it with labels and sell it to whoever for what ever price he likes.

The whole point of my posts is to educate the biking public that stainless fasteners are NOT EXPENSIVE they are cheaper than mild steel, and HT steel and that there is no such thing as High Tensile stainless steel.

End of rant.

Bob

PS I will be at Box Hill on Sunday at about 9-9.30 if any body wants a FULL set of St St A2 70 Grade for £15.00 look for the dog dick pink 1100S (dripping in torx headed Stainless steel fasteners) hex head are so last year dahling.

Bob

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:47 pm

Bob,
I'll have the full set please, 2003 non ABS R1100s. Where do I send the Cheque.
Regards Peter (Former Buell owner, Just so you know who I am)

Boxadog 2000

Stainless

Postby Boxadog 2000 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:56 pm

Any body that wants a set give me a call at work on 01753 215097

Regards

Bob

stempy
Captain

Re: Stainless steel

Postby stempy » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:57 pm

Boxadog 2000 wrote:Well Captain its like this.
You pay your money and take your chances.

I have covered well over 250,000 miles using A2 70 grade stainless for all applications and have never had a failure yet.

Whilst I am not Rossi or Chilli I have been known to get my knee down on ocassion am not exactly a slouch.

Bob

Well I'll assume that stainless is up to the job then. It's just that if you go by the likes of M&P who sell "high tensile' stainless disc bolts at a fiver a shot it makes you wonder why :? Are they just ripping us off :?: Or is it just that jap disc bolts are generally not a standard size bolt and they have to be specially made :?:

Boxadog 2000

Stainless

Postby Boxadog 2000 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:23 pm

I have also seen them advertised, what grade they are I do not have a clue and I bet if you were to ask them what tensile strength they were they probably would not have a clue.

However if they are A2 or A4 80 grade they could broadley be classed as HT

Bob

Harry

Postby Harry » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:33 pm

Boxadog 2000 wrote:if you cant remove a screw and match it from one out of a bag full are you sure that you can check your own tite pressures.
Bob

Ooooh. Was that aimed at me?
Harsh but probably fair. :D
I've got 3 pressure guages. But which one to trust? It's a tough decision for a numpty without a bag of screws of his own to play with you know. :?

fraggle

Postby fraggle » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:55 pm

Boxadog 2000 wrote:Well Captain its like this.

if you cant remove a screw and match it from one out of a bag full are you sure that you can check your own tite pressures.

Bob

excuse my ignorance but what's a tite and where do you check the pressure on it.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:56 pm

My missus is from Yorkshire and came across quite a few 'tite' folks up there :) not sure where to stick the pressure gauge tho' :!:

fraggle

Postby fraggle » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:05 pm

boxerpan wrote:My missus is from Yorkshire and came across quite a few 'tite' folks up there :) not sure where to stick the pressure gauge tho' :!:

Ah refreshing to see it wasn't us Scots getting labeled 'tite' for a change.

8)

Almost completely finished the bike, did the paint job at the weekend, watch for piccies coming soon.

CHeers
PAUL
Keep it sticky side down.

Boxadog 2000

Tite

Postby Boxadog 2000 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:16 pm

Red wine and ty ping dont go well together hic.
Must go now as I feel under pressure and a little TYREd.

Bob

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:47 am

theseadog wrote:
boxerpan wrote:My missus is from Yorkshire and came across quite a few 'tite' folks up there :) not sure where to stick the pressure gauge tho' :!:

Ah refreshing to see it wasn't us Scots getting labeled 'tite' for a change.

8)

You get tite/generous folks everywhere, just that I know more people in South Yorks to get a sample :) No offfence intended :)

Paul,
as the resident Scottish secretary can you advise if the journey up to Knockhill for the BSB races (July 3/4) is worth the journey? I've never been, but tempted.

Lloyd

Return to “Recommended products/services”