Can't recommend highly enough.

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

box-doctor

Can't recommend highly enough.

Postby box-doctor » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi there chaps, I've just bought one of these for the old girl & jus wanted to share with you fine people just how good the service is - it arrived with me 3 days from ordering it - from Germany. There are a lot of sellers in this country could take lessons from this company.
All I've got to do now is get the rest of the stuff & get it all painted ready for the long hot summer that's coming next year.... :shock:

Regards from the chubby one - Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you all.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BELLYPAN-BELLY-PA ... dZViewItem

skiddy boxers

Postby skiddy boxers » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:53 pm

Thanks for posting that box-doctor.

I've been looking at these myself but had heard some of the ones on ebay came needing lots and lots of work to prep up for painting. I take it yours from these guys doesn't.

By the way, how heavy is it?

Cheers, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

Nick
Nick

When life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

box-doctor

Postby box-doctor » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:28 pm

skiddy boxers wrote:Thanks for posting that box-doctor.

I've been looking at these myself but had heard some of the ones on ebay came needing lots and lots of work to prep up for painting. I take it yours from these guys doesn't.

By the way, how heavy is it?

Cheers, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

Nick

I dropped it off today with the guy who is doing the painting & he says "very little preparation is needed" & added "it's very high quality" Personnaly I wouldn't really know high quality from crap where painting is concerned - it's just not something I've ever really got involved with, but my man says it's good, so that's enough for me. As for the weight - it weighs about 2lbs I would say.
I just have to get the rest of the bodywork off now, buy all the carbon bits & wait for summer.... :?

Regards from the chubby one.

skiddy boxers

Postby skiddy boxers » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:29 am

Thanks

May have to ask Santa for one now :lol:
Nick
Nick

When life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Red Fokker

Postby Red Fokker » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:04 pm

Got one myself a couple of months ago and very happy with it - just given it to a mate to get it sprayed up (deals with insurance repairs) so I've yet to see what it will look like with a professional paintjob. Only thing I would say would be that the brackets provided are extremely basic and bear no resemblence to anything on a boxercup. In fact I couldn't think how you could possibly use them, personally I think it's just to comply with the advert description"comes with mountings etc". However thanks to r550s engineering prowess who provided me with a set of useable brackets and spacers it wasn't a problem.

Return to “Recommended products/services”