Tyres / Puncture repairs in France

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

adamski49

Tyres / Puncture repairs in France

Postby adamski49 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:04 pm

Having suffered a puncture in France with a bit of asking about we eventually came across Metifiot. I used the Annecy branch but there are 60 in all - I assume they are all bike friendly.

Maybe Flash and any other French residents (or knowledgable types) could advise of other dealers for puncture repair / tyre replacments should the worst happen whilst abroad.

I'd like to go armed next time, especially as the Hein Gericke travel pump falls into the category of 'Not recommended items' - what a piece of crap. I'd have got more air in if I'd put my lips to the valve and blown.

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:17 pm

My S has a puncture repair kit under the seat - where was yours when you needed it? :D

Lloyd

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:34 pm

boxerpan wrote:My S has a puncture repair kit under the seat - where was yours when you needed it? :D

Lloyd

AFAIK a temporary repair such as the one under the seat won't allow for a permanent mushroom type repair later and I wasn't about to shag an 800 mile, 10 day old 010.

This did not impress the tyre fitter with us who had something called silly string (again, temporary repair) and said I shouldn't repaire a Z rated tyre. Having had a puncture repair on a GSX-R (Central Wheel as it happens) that had no problems for the remainder of the tyre life I have no qualms about doing it on any other bike.

We did however use the gas canisters one morning, fortunately these were from my old kits collected from my earlier K's.

Now put the stick away Lloyd :D

Adam
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:31 am

Gone fishing :D

Lloyd

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:12 pm

Try SLIME

www.slime.com
non quod, sed quomodo

Return to “Recommended products/services”