Rear Light LED

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Harry

Rear Light LED

Postby Harry » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:55 pm

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if your into LEDs, easy cosmetic changes for mechanical numptys (tarts like me) or just prefer being seen by the blind prat behind, this could be for you.

I recently put in a rear bulb/brake 48 bulb LED.
Fits straight into the bulb socket so no rewiring and no painting.
LEDs are red so it works with clear lenses.
Service was good and quick. does exactly what it says on the tin.
Cost £30

available from Nippy Normans on
http://www.nippynormans.com/Home.asp
(see LED lighting section)

I'm hoping Paul will paste up some photos showing the improvement over standard (and these were rear only, no brake).

Have also bought some 'amber buddys' that fit inside the indicator pods but haven't fitted em yet (needs wiring). will report on progress.

Harry.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:46 am

As requested,

Before:

...and after:
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

madman

Postby madman » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:04 pm

I have fitted LED rear bulbs to both of our S's, not the 48 LED ones but the next size down. I think they are the same brightness as the standard bulbs, but I know that they will last forever.
I have also fitted the LED light buddies to mine (white lenses) and the girlfreinds (amber lenses) and am very impressed.
I'd love to upload a picture but understand that it has to be on another website to do this - correct me if I am wrong.

minivin

Postby minivin » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:58 am

yup, up-loading of pics as you have guessed! and I also agree with your comment about the smaller LED combinations being just as bright as a standard bulb. I was following a Vincent Black Knight two nights ago as I went to a rally with a friend and stayed his place for the night (just purchased an alternator from him piccie for my Comet), the tail light was good, but there was no line of white LED's for the number plate and the stop lamp was only slightly brighter than the tail light.

So points to remember;

i) do you need a bulb that lights your number plate at the same time ie old style? then remember to get one with a line of White LED's
ii) do you want more brightness or just reliability? check and ask questions before purchasing as you might not get what you wanted.
iii) would waiting for a show and seeing the items before purchasing help you get the right bulb you wanted instead of a balls-up through the postal-order companies???
Classic Motorcycle Magazine, Young Motorcyclist of the Year 2003

Harry

Postby Harry » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:36 pm

Refreshed for Gromit....
(What we wuz chatting about)

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:52 pm

Harry - had a decko at this thread yesterday after our conversation about said items.

Ordered one up for meself. :)

Return to “Recommended products/services”