Salesmanship

Got some humour to share? The stage is lit and the microphone's live.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Salesmanship

Postby slparry » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:58 pm

The kids filed back into class Monday morning. They were very excited. Their weekend assignment was to sell something, then give a talk on productive salesmanship. Sally led off:

"I sold cakes for the Girl Guides and I made £30," she said proudly, "My sales approach was to appeal to the customer's civil spirit and I credit that approach for my obvious success."

"Very good," said the teacher.

Jenny was next:

"I sold magazines," she said, "I made £45 and I explained to everyone that magazines would keep them up on current events."

"Very good, Jenny," said the teacher.

Eventually, it was Little Johnny's turn. The teacher held her breath.

Johnny walked to the front of the classroom and dumped a box full of cash on the teacher's desk. "£2,467," he said.

"£2,467!" cried the teacher, "What in the world were you selling?"

"Toothbrushes," said Little Johnny.

"Toothbrushes," echoed the teacher, "How could you possibly sell enough tooth brushes to make that much money?"

"I found the busiest street corner in town," said Johnny, "I set up a Dip & Chip stand. I gave everybody who walked by a sample. They all said the same thing ... Hey, this dip tastes like shit! Then I said, It is shit ... wanna buy a toothbrush?"
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you :D
Honda VFR750 FV 1997 Red and dirty, 130K miles.

Honda VFR800 Xf Crossrunner 2016 White and dirty, 120K miles.

Return to “Humour”