webuyanycar.com

Got some humour to share? The stage is lit and the microphone's live.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

fontana

webuyanycar.com

Postby fontana » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:50 pm

They've been advertising quite a lot lately,
You know the adds.
"I could have got more for my car selling privately but my time is more important than a few extra quid" blah blah blah.
Well tonight curiosity got the better of me, and I got my car valued on their site.
Give it a go, and be prepared to be either to go into a manic depression, or fall on the floor laughing
Hence posting this in the humour section
:shock:

ianbcr

Re: webuyanycar.com

Postby ianbcr » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:58 am

Then when they see your car in the flesh they start knocking down the price again.
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

Herb

Postby Herb » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Don't do it unless you want to be bombarded with spam from them for evermore.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:23 pm

fontana wrote:They've been advertising quite a lot lately,
You know the adds.
"I could have got more for my car selling privately but my time is more important than a few extra quid" blah blah blah.
Well tonight curiosity got the better of me, and I got my car valued on their site.
Give it a go, and be prepared to be either to go into a manic depression, or fall on the floor laughing
Hence posting this in the humour section
:shock:

I saw their advert the other evening, and wondered who the advertising genius (I say that tongue-in-cheek) was, who came up with a way of saying, "we'll rip you off" without using those words.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:46 pm

My experience in selling cars is mixed. I have usually gone the trade in route, knowing that I'm getting a less than ideal price but thought I'm at least cutting out a load of hassle selling privately.

Then, I tried getting rid of my year old Mazda RX-8, after buying it's replacement... I tried selling the Mazda on piston heads, RX8 forums and on Autotrader. Not a sniff of a hint of a scintilla of interest in it. I ended after a month or two up taking it to a Mazda dealership where they graciously took it off my hands at half what I'd paid for it a year previously. I still get painful memories of that transaction every time I sit down...

Three years ago, I found a stupendously good deal on a new VW golf. Having cut the deal to buy at a great price, I introduced the idea of trading in my old and much unloved (by me, anyway) Volvo V50. they offered me a spectacularly poor price for it (funnily enough...) I then tried webuyanycar and they offered me a grand or so more. I declared all of the scratches and wheel dings on the valuation form and gave it a good wash before dropping it off at my nearest webuyanycar site, where they walked around the car and then paid me precisely what they had quoted, with the money landing in my bank account the next day.

Skip forward to the present day, and the speculative quote off them to buy my current 3 year old golf is pretty poor, so I probably wouldn't use them next time, because the golf, unlike the Volvo and Mazda, probably would be easer to shift on in a part exchange or private sale.

All I'd say is that if you are struggling to shift a car, you at least know that they will take it, and if cash flow is more important than getting the absolute best price, they can be worth considering. I wish they'd been around when I was trying to get rid of that RX-8...

Your milage, may of course differ.

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

fontana

Postby fontana » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Paul wrote:All I'd say is that if you are struggling to shift a car, you at least know that they will take it, and if cash flow is more important than getting the absolute best price, they can be worth considering. l

I think you are right.
I reckon their target audience is people just desperate to offload cars that no one really wants.
Hence the Mickey Mouse offers.
Interestingly, since I had my valuation I've had two emails from them with revised offers.
The price is now £50 more than they originally offered.
:lol:
Now as it happens, I am thinking of changing my car, which is a 2009 Mitsubishi Colt.
I went to the Mitsubishi dealer earlier today, and test drove a Mirage.
WBAC.COM always say that if you buy a car from a dealer without a P/X you'll get a better deal.
Well not in my case.
The dealer would give me a reduction as a cash sale, but even with that, if I'd sold my car to WBAC.COM and bought the car with no P/X, I'd have been over a grand worse off than part exchanging it with that dealer.

Return to “Humour”