Tourettes

Got some humour to share? The stage is lit and the microphone's live.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Boxered
Route Master

Tourettes

Postby Boxered » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:08 am

I took my wife to the doctors to see if he could do anything about her Tourettes.
Apparently she doesn't have it. I really am a c**t and she does mean fuck off.
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

bikemad99

Re: Tourettes

Postby bikemad99 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:32 am

I agree with your lovely wife but am certain she is far too polite to tell you to your face. :D
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2018 Volvo t3 v40 Cross Country.
Reg & Gwen.

fontana

Postby fontana » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:03 am

Paul wrote:Gentlemen and Ladies of Boxertrix,

In the many years the site has been running, we have not, up to this point, found the need to put up an explicit policy about what can and can't be said on this site, largely due to the fact that vast majority of people here have the good sense to work that out for themselves. In the interest of being crystal clear though let me start a non-exhaustive list of topics which are on that (hopefully very short) disallowed topics list.

Anything which is inciting illegal activity.

Any defamatory or libellous comments about 3rd parties

Derogatory comments aimed at vast swathes of the population based on either their race, creed, colour, sexuality etc.

I wonder if the underlined extends to people with a disability.
I guess we'll soon find out.
:shock:

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Fontana,
Whilst I appreciate the dissent you're attempting to create, I fail to see where the "Derogatory comments " apply.

The quip Steve has made has nothing to do with attacking anyone, and trust me if you knew Steve's situation you would be less likely to attempt to play the disability card against him!

So please desist from constantly attempting to cause dissent and just bloody play nice. The people here are nice people who mostly know one another, whereas you are a new comer to the group, has added little but seem intent on winding people up and just generally being a bit toxic.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

fontana

Postby fontana » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:06 pm

slparry wrote:Fontana,
Whilst I appreciate the dissent you're attempting to create, I fail to see where the "Derogatory comments " apply.

The quip Steve has made has nothing to do with attacking anyone, and trust me if you knew Steve's situation you would be less likely to attempt to play the disability card against him!

So please desist from constantly attempting to cause dissent and just bloody play nice. The people here are nice people who mostly know one another, whereas you are a new comer to the group, has added little but seem intent on winding people up and just generally being a bit toxic.

Well it seems a bit rich considering I was shot down in flames for making a comment about Eastern Europeans.
It was interesting that you of all people, were very much to the fore of that attack, despite saying much worse things yourself in the past so I have a right to my say on this.
I AM NOT JUST STIRRING IT.
Tourette's is not a joke.
It is a debilitating condition that causes misery to people who suffer from it.
If you knew anything about it , you would know it is not a laughing matter, but then if there's one thing I've come to realize about this forum it's that the rules don't apply to everyone.
My best friend had this condition, and committed suicide.
Yes there were other factors as well, but they were mostly sourced from his condition, but hey, as long as you're having a good laugh over it, that's all that matters.
Shame on you for not seeing how distasteful this is.
Jokes at the expense of other people disabilities is the lowest of the low.

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:16 pm

Can`t fault him for talking BoxerBOLLOX.
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2018 Volvo t3 v40 Cross Country.
Reg & Gwen.

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:43 am

fontana wrote:I AM NOT JUST STIRRING IT.
If you knew anything about it , you would know it is not a laughing matter, but then if there's one thing I've come to realize about this forum it's that the rules don't apply to everyone.
Yes there were other factors as well, but they were mostly sourced from his condition, but hey, as long as you're having a good laugh over it, that's all that matters.

Did you actually read the joke or did you just see the T word and get yourself in a bit of a tizz?
The only butt of the joke is ME, but then you know that don't you?
As a trolling attempt, this one really was quite pathetic.........(drops mike and walks off)

Thank you to Steve and Reg for fighting my corner :)

Steve
Well-weathered leather

Hot metal and oil

The scented country air

Sunlight on chrome

The blur of the landscape

Every nerve aware

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:21 am

fontana wrote:
slparry wrote:Fontana,

Well it seems a bit rich considering I was shot down in flames for making a comment about Eastern Europeans.
It was interesting that you of all people, were very much to the fore of that attack, despite saying much worse things yourself in the past so I have a right to my say on this.
I AM NOT JUST STIRRING IT.

Can I suggest politely that if we're that awful a group of people you pick up your toys and find elsewhere to play?
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

fontana

Postby fontana » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:17 pm

slparry wrote:Can I suggest politely that if we're that awful a group of people you pick up your toys and find elsewhere to play?

Not everyone.
Just a couple if people including you.
Tourette's is a disability.
You are saying that making jokes about it is OK.
You really are a piece of work.

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:42 pm

fontana wrote:
slparry wrote:Can I suggest politely that if we're that awful a group of people you pick up your toys and find elsewhere to play?

Not everyone.
Just a couple if people including you.
You really are a piece of work.

Why? Apart from bringing you to task a couple of times? Is it because you've been asked several times by the boards moderators to tone it down? But seemingly like many toxic people you appear to be unable to see another persons point and only want to force your standpoint not compromise and accept that you may be incorrect.

I have nothing at all against you, however, I am very loyal to this board and to its regular posting members, most of which I've met. If you want to be taken with a little more respect can I suggest that you sign up to the Welsh Weekend and come up from the SW with the rest of the SW crew and actually talk with everyone, rather than being a "keyboard warrior" hiding being the anonymity that is provided?

You've gone to lengths to take a pop/make snide remarks at various members here and it's a testament to the Admin and moderation of this board that you're still here, particularly after your nasty PM rant at him previously.

The joke was not at Tourette's it was tongue in cheek at a misdiagnosis .... "Apparently she doesn't have it"

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, again, and you're not "trolling" at least accept that you are over reacting and are in danger of just p*ssing people off.

I won't hold my breath tho' that you'll come and meet everyone, trolls never do!
--
Steve Parry

Herb

Postby Herb » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:08 pm

fontana wrote:
slparry wrote:

Making jokes about it is OK! I know people with Tourettes, and they joke about it themselves and encourage others to do the same. It normalises the condition and helps people understand the difficulties they face.

Check out Jess Thom in the attached link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8gOcbneQRQ
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:54 pm

slparry wrote:can I suggest that you sign up to the Welsh Weekend and come up from the SW with the rest of the SW crew and actually talk with everyone

I don't want that ****** ( insert any word you feel suits ) anywhere near me thanks Steve :wink:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Herb wrote:
fontana wrote:
slparry wrote:

Making jokes about it is OK! I know people with Tourettes, and they joke about it themselves and encourage others to do the same. It normalises the condition and helps people understand the difficulties they face.

Check out Jess Thom in the attached link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8gOcbneQRQ

I heard her on Radio 4 - she clearly wants it normalising and has a wicked sense of humour - the digestive cushion - priceless!!!
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:14 pm

Wow, 13 replies to one Humour thread, just scrolled back 5 pages to yr 13 and its a record. :lol:
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Kinda lost it's humour rating along the way, though. Anyone know any good jokes? :?

Return to “Humour”