Westminster Attack

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

HerrFlick

Westminster Attack

Postby HerrFlick » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi All.

What a b.awful thing to have happen.
Hope no one on here was personally affected.

:-(
Real torque curves don't have a first derivative. :-^)

kfrogzx7

Re: Westminster Attack

Postby kfrogzx7 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:41 pm

It was awful , but unfortunately there's very little that can be done to prevent such attacks, and in the end it won't make any difference to us or our way of life.
In some ways you've got to sympathises with these poor misguided and deluded fanatics, they are nearly all inadequate in some way or another and are really "victims" themselves too.
I am surprised though that there weren't armed officers nearer the unarmed ones at the Carriage Gate entrance to Westminster, seems to me that that was a vulnerability.
Simon.
K100rs, R1100s, R1150rs, R1200st, K1300s

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:01 pm

The worrying thing is some of these fanatics are very well educated - doctors going to fight for ISIS - I just don't understand how people can become so brainwashed
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:28 pm

kfrogzx7 wrote:
I am surprised though that there weren't armed officers nearer the unarmed ones at the Carriage Gate entrance to Westminster, seems to me that that was a vulnerability.
Aye my thoughts, Apparently (it seems) an unarmed pc is first line of defence at our prime institution. What will mum tell the kids when dad does not return home from work? They got this wrong. They talk about carrying on with normal life yet they all shit their pants and lock everything down. Jeez they held tourists hostage on the London eye for 3 hours! One idiot caused havoc to London policing and brought all UK parliaments to a standstill.... after his death. Carry on with normal life? Who do they think they are kidding?

Just a thought, if the nutter had chosen not to slay an unarmed copper it could have been a causing death by dangerous driving charge.

You do not get much time for that.

I do not know who I am more cross with our politicians with cheap words or these ethnic fanatics in our midst. This bunch of governing idiots up here in Holyrood waffletossing about solidarity with Westminster.... my arse!
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Herb

Postby Herb » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:59 am

My thought go out to the families of those killed and injured! I hope those still in hospital make a quick and full recovery.

I think, on balance, we got it right. Our police should not be routinely armed. It's one of the things that separates us from the rest of the world. The continued militarisation of our police worries me.

No one was held hostage. People were prevented from moving for their own safety. Recent history has shown us that these terrorists often conduct simultaneous attacks in the hope of spreading panic and fear. It seems to me, the immediate response was measured and reasonable.

It would seem MP Tobias Elwood was a genuine hero as well, and it does make me realise, that amongst our generally self-serving political light weights , there are a handful of heroic, decent people.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 am

kfrogzx7 wrote:It was awful , but unfortunately there's very little that can be done to prevent such attacks, and in the end it won't make any difference to us or our way of life.
In some ways you've got to sympathises with these poor misguided and deluded fanatics, they are nearly all inadequate in some way or another and are really "victims" themselves too.

Very well said

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:57 pm

This response is my favourite

https://youtu.be/9RcmVobP320
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Archie

Postby Archie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:22 am

boxerscott wrote:Just a thought, if the nutter had chosen not to slay an unarmed copper it could have been a causing death by dangerous driving charge.

You do not get much time for that.

Given the footage they've uncovered, I think he'd have been up for several murder charges.

kfrogzx7

Postby kfrogzx7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:13 pm

slparry wrote:This response is my favourite

Well done Andrew Neil, that told em !!
Simon.
K100rs, R1100s, R1150rs, R1200st, K1300s

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:06 pm

kfrogzx7 wrote:
slparry wrote:This response is my favourite

Well done Andrew Neil, that told em !!

He got to the core of the British people, whether we be English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh, we are a strong Union and NOTHING can stand against us. Sure like any family we squabble at times but when need is greatest we draw ourselves in and care for each other and therein lies our strength
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Return to “Boxerbanter”