Finally!!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Finally!!

Postby slparry » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 pm

Finally BMW Insured Warranty has changed the stupid wording that said carburettors were covered but not throttle bodies :D

From the latest PDF of the warranty handbook

"Fuel system
Failure of the following parts: injection
control unit, fuel injectors, fuel level
transmitter, fuel pressure regulator,
fuel pump, fuel pump relay, solenoids,
idle control valve, throttle position
potentiometer and throttle body."

and finally switchgear has been added too!

I've uploaded the PDF to my site so it's here for anyone who needs to download it :D

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk/pdfs/BMW-Ext-Warranty.pdf
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Boxered
Route Master

Re: Finally!!

Postby Boxered » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:21 pm

Good work agent Parry :D
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:33 am

PS if anyone wants to sign up to the warranty you can do it here

https://www.motorrad-warranty.co.uk/Login/Index
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:10 pm

I put my 30k-miles ST's details in for a laugh - surprisingly, they'd take it on, with Euro breakdown, for £39 a month, albeit with a £1k claim limit. I was almost tempted, especially as I've got a trip through France to Spain coming up, but suspect my home servicing over the years would render my bike invalid for cover - not something I'd want to test at the roadside in the middle of rural France! :shock:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:13 pm

milleplod wrote:I put my 30k-miles ST's details in for a laugh - surprisingly, they'd take it on, with Euro breakdown,

Pete

I tried with my 11yr old R12S and it would be £395 a year, which meant that the blown gear box seal (which cost 600) at Flash last year would have been covered plus I wouldn't have had to pay extra for the RAC cover.

[smilie=blowup.gif]

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:38 pm

I spoke to the warranty folk earlier. Unless you've got invoices from a VAT-registered business, for both the parts used and labour for fitting, they won't offer cover.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:02 am

milleplod wrote:I spoke to the warranty folk earlier. Unless you've got invoices from a VAT-registered business, for both the parts used and labour for fitting, they won't offer cover.

Pete
So is vat registration a credit of competence?

I think not. I also think that excuse/contract term does not stand up to legislation regarding consumer rights and sale of goods act. I may be wrong but if so that seems unreasonable.

Consider an incompetent repair/service carried out by a vat registered business.. That is acceptable from an insurers point of view?

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:45 am

I believe that it is Chris, As I understand it, as long as your servicing is performed by a dealer who is VAT registered, and they use genuine parts and follow the manufacturer's service protocol, then under the "block exemption ruling" then you are still under warranty. This is designed to break the monopoly of dealers who may charge exorbitant fees for basic service procedures. I think that this is a good thing, and also a bad thing, but overall I guess it means a better deal for us punters :dontknow:

Steve
Well-weathered leather

Hot metal and oil

The scented country air

Sunlight on chrome

The blur of the landscape

Every nerve aware

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:26 am

Boxered wrote:I believe that it is Chris, As I understand it, as long as your servicing is performed by a dealer who is VAT registered, and they use genuine parts and follow the manufacturer's service protocol, then under the "block exemption ruling" then you are still under warranty. This is designed to break the monopoly of dealers who may charge exorbitant fees for basic service procedures. I think that this is a good thing, and also a bad thing, but overall I guess it means a better deal for us punters :dontknow:

Steve

I "may" be wrong Steve, but I think that applies to new bike warranty, the extended warranty is an insured product and I seem to recall it falls under different rules
--
Steve Parry

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:35 am

slparry wrote:I "may" be wrong Steve, but I think that applies to new bike warranty, the extended warranty is an insured product and I seem to recall it falls under different rules

You're right Steve, that's how the guy on the phone explained it to me - because its actually 'insurance', they can set the eligibility factors as they see fit.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

adam

Postby adam » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:50 pm

It's a while since we went through this with the Buell mob. Apparently, under EU Law, repairs have to carried out by someone 'competant' (however that's defined) but doesn't preclude home repair as long as OEM parts are used. However the snag is, this legislation is (was) aimed at cars etc and motorcycles were not included according to the MoFuCo. As I said previously, I don't know if Euro Law has changed in recent years.

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:53 pm

adam wrote:It's a while since we went through this with the Buell mob. Apparently, under EU Law, repairs have to carried out by someone 'competant' (however that's defined) but doesn't preclude home repair as long as OEM parts are used. However the snag is, this legislation is (was) aimed at cars etc and motorcycles were not included according to the MoFuCo. As I said previously, I don't know if Euro Law has changed in recent years.

I believe this to be relevant to the manufacturer's warranty that comes with a new vehicle. The BMW Insured Warranty is something different though.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

adam

Postby adam » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 am

Ah! Right ho :D

Return to “Boxerbanter”