1100S Tube between Throttle Bodies

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Phlam

1100S Tube between Throttle Bodies

Postby Phlam » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:30 am

My recent purchase, a 1999 R1100s came with a few obvious mods. remus exhaust, Y connection, K&N air filter. So far I'm pleased with the lot, but I am stumped with this one. There is a hose connecting the two throttle body synch ports. On the right side of the hose, just before it disappears below the battery box with the fuel hoses, there is a T connection and the port not connected to hose is capped. I assume the assembly is some sort of secondary synch device/balancing act. Is anyone familiar with this hose. Is it a mod or factory. I'm beginning to think it is part of a device that was removed.

Apologies if this has recently been addressed. I've been reading through post for the past couple months. I'm about midway through the 90+ pages. So far I haven't seen this hose mentioned.

Phlegm Phlam
R100/7
R1100S

nab 301

Re: 1100S Tube between Throttle Bodies

Postby nab 301 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Phlam wrote: There is a hose connecting the two throttle body synch ports. On the right side of the hose, just before it disappears below the battery box with the fuel hoses, there is a T connection and the port not connected to hose is capped. I assume the assembly is some sort of secondary synch device/balancing act. Is anyone familiar with this hose. Is it a mod or factory.

Phlegm Phlam
R100/7
R1100S

The throttle body vacuum ports have removable rubber plugs as standard, I don't know if linking the tb's is some sort of a mod . Some carbed bikes might be linked, and I don't know what sort of accessory would require a vacuum on a shaft drive bike .
The rubber plugs are cheap, so easy to return to factory...

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

Return to “Boxertech”