Dreaded insurance

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

dave the german

Dreaded insurance

Postby dave the german » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:25 am

OK, another of those threads which has been done to death!!
Insurance due next month and each year I keep saying I'm going to have a search to get the best deal but always leave it late and end up with Auntie Carol. Over the past few years the price has crept upend up and I feel it's time to look around.... so.... who has multi bike policies and with whom? Auntie Carole will want, I expect close to £600 for my 3 bikes - no performance enhancing mods just some cosmetic carbon and I'm hearing of people with more bikes for substantially less. Help posse!!
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Al

Re: Dreaded insurance

Postby Al » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:36 am

I use bikesure for two bikes I think it's just under £300, fully comp both bikes Euro cover etc, only issue I have is if bike at home it has to be in the garage. Couple of the guys at work are with Bemoto, happy with the service from them, I was going to shop around in sept so will give them a call.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:51 am

I stayed with Bennetts again this year. £350 for two bikes, but that includes a couple of extras, such as RAC breakdown, legal, and leathers & helmet. The minimum, without extras would have been £299 plus £20 arrangement fee.

I'll probably do a meerkat search this year - I usually do a change of provider every 2 to 3 years. Once you've gone through the pain of entering all your details into one of these comparison sites, it becomes easier next time - you just do a quick confirmation that nothing has changed (or change any detail that has), and Robert is your mother's brother.

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Different jurisdiction so not really relevant and we don't have anywhere near the choice you have ... but i've been multi biking with Carole Nash since '98. The couple of alternatives that I've tried over the years generally work out dearer or won't cover the number of bikes I have on one policy!

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

SP250

Postby SP250 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 pm

E Bike - all on line though.
£260 for 3 bikes (but I am old, with clean licence and live in the country-side not a town).
John M

Al

Postby Al » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:11 pm

I was with Ecar and Ebike at the same time, got hit in the car and they were useless so changed both to different insurers at renewal time, it was a while ago and I'm sure somebody will have had issues with every insurance company. Post on UKGSER at the moment about issues with bikesure, hopefully I won't have to make claim and find out.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:45 pm

As I have only ever owned 1 bike at a time I cannot help with multibike policies, however I have just had an email from
www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk with a quote based on last years details for £81, thats fully comp with protected no claims.
Yes I am an old git with 20+ years NCB and a spotlessly clean licence for at least the last 15 years. but even so, I will
wait for my current insurer (Hastings) to offer me a renewal before deciding, but that was only £108 last year.

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks all. I to fall into the old git category so going to get all details listed and try a few. I would like to stay with Auntie Carole as I hate the time it takes up and then being bombarded with mail/calls at that time of year but I may be able to use some quotes as a bargaining tool
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Stu

Postby Stu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:08 am

Try CIA Insurance. I pay £246 for two bikes.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 am

At the very least Dave, go online to the Carole Nash web site and enter all your details as if you were a new customer. When I did that with my current insurer, the price they came back with was better than the renewal quote they had posted to me, and when I phoned them up to point that out, they honoured the lower price.

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:10 pm

off after tonight for a few days so will be spending some time looking for the best deal
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi Dave,

I use Ridersure through a broker that we have used for ages, can give a number if interested, about £350 for my two R1200S with all the mods on the silver one declared, but they wouldn't put the R1200RS on the same policy, too new.

Gin has her S1000RR and K13S with them as well, about £450 for both bikes but on separate policy's only because they wouldn't insurance me as well if on same one.

Under written by Aegis who were very good when the RS got nicked, paid up in no time. Have since had a few phone calls because the bike was in London when nicked and it shouldn't have been but all sorted now. I guess that will not affect you up in deepest darkest t'up north :wink:

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:31 pm

Dave, change of name to Davina and explain that you do not go out on Boxertrix ride outs anymore or socialize much with the lads, tell them you are cross gender person and getting in touch with your feminine side this may help reduce your premiums? :wink:

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:28 am

Topcat wrote:Hi Dave,

I use Ridersure through a broker that we have used for ages, can give a number if interested, about £350 for my two R1200S with all the mods on the silver one declared, but they wouldn't put the R1200RS on the same policy, too new.

Gin has her S1000RR and K13S with them as well, about £450 for both bikes but on separate policy's only because they wouldn't insurance me as well if on same one.

Under written by Aegis who were very good when the RS got nicked, paid up in no time. Have since had a few phone calls because the bike was in London when nicked and it shouldn't have been but all sorted now. I guess that will not affect you up in deepest darkest t'up north :wink:

That actually sort of puts my 3 in the same ballpark - guess it's search time :( :(
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:28 am

boxerscott wrote:Dave, change of name to Davina and explain that you do not go out on Boxertrix ride outs anymore or socialize much with the lads, tell them you are cross gender person and getting in touch with your feminine side this may help reduce your premiums? :wink:

Chris

I thought I was changing it to Gillian the German? Make your mind up!! :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Return to “Boxerbanter”