The end of the Welsh Weekend??

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

The end of the Welsh Weekend??

Postby slparry » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:04 am

The A5104 (Rhydtalog to Corwen) is now average speed camera'd and now Denbigh Moors is going the same way

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north- ... s-15328278

Apparently the Horseshoe Pass is due similar as is the Bala to Trawsfynydd road.

I understand why they're doing it but it saddens me beyond pale that some of my fave roads are being monitored thus :(
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

popsky

Re: The end of the Welsh Weekend??

Postby popsky » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:13 am

It is sad Steve, but there’s plenty of other roads to travel at our sedate pace :mrgreen:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:26 am

As you say - plenty more roads .......... for now.

If there really are significant accidents/deaths on those two particular stretches, to justify Av-speed cameras, then people will merely take their toys to a different part of the playground and the issue will transfer with them?

The number of serious bike incidents and fatalities in The Borders this year seems to have been inordinately high, and there has to be some response to that (although they don’t appear to be attributable to any particular road/stretch of road) - so I suppose it will be more policing, especially at weekends.

Just wait until car-drivers simply park-up with their dash-cams switched on - and send all the footage to the police ! :shock:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Steve, as far as welsh weekend goes we now must all have bus passes? what about a Saga Tour? We will not have to worry about binge drinking at the bar as we can sit back and imbibe and watch the beautiful countryside pass us by . no one will get lost, not even Ride Captain who has been known to forget right from left leaving the Hotel. Most coaches now have closets which is bloody handy these days. Surely not the end but a a new dawn!

:D

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”