Youtube downloads

Hifi, computers, cameras etc; gadgets and general chat about any other interesting hobbies you have.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Blackal

Youtube downloads

Postby Blackal » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:50 pm

I reckon YouTube vids (unless you pay for a premium account) are going to be littered with adverts in the middle of videos.

But - when you use a downloader, it avoids this. Some decent vids also disappear from your Favs as they are taken down.

I’ve been using 4KDownload for a few months now, and can highly recommend it:

https://www.4kdownload.com

A 3-device license is pretty reasonable, and it is able to download an entire series of videos by an artist in one go. You can also choose what resolution you download in.

So - if anyone wants “Steps-Live” or “Bucks Fizz in Brighton” - let me know................ :oops:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

dave the german

Re: Youtube downloads

Postby dave the german » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Blackal wrote:I reckon YouTube vids (unless you pay for a premium account) are going to be littered with adverts in the middle of videos.

But - when you use a downloader, it avoids this. Some decent vids also disappear from your Favs as they are taken down.

I’ve been using 4KDownload for a few months now, and can highly recommend it:

https://www.4kdownload.com

A 3-device license is pretty reasonable, and it is able to download an entire series of videos by an artist in one go. You can also choose what resolution you download in.

So - if anyone wants “Steps-Live” or “Bucks Fizz in Brighton” - let me know................ :oops:

Twice in 2 days you've mentioned Steps - you really do like them don't you
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

SP250

Postby SP250 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Blackal

I've often wondered is there a way of saving a video clip to my computer and then I have it for posterity even if it gets taken down.

Is what you are doing (and paying a licence fee for) the only way?
John M

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:25 pm

It’s a one-off software purchase.

Can’t remember the single PC cost - but it ain’t dear. (£8 maybe??)

All you do is launch the app, decide where your folder will be for storing the downloads (which becomes a default location)- get the YouTube you want, and copy the URL of that vid.

Click on the button to paste that in, and start the download process in 4KDownload. (You get the option to choose the resolution at this point)

It appears to be the best thought of application.

3 of you could club together for a 3-machine installation and each use the licence code?
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Return to “Geeks' Corner”