££££ off

Area for traders to advertise.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

££££ off

Postby slparry » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:31 am

This weekend at Chester Motorrad we have £1000 off listed price on all used bikes (except G310's)

plus 2 years annual services

plus 2 years warranty

plus 2 years recovery

plus 2 years MoT's

plus 12 months RFL

https://approvedused.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/UK/32934/ergebnisse.cshtml
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Luke2184

Re: ££££ off

Postby Luke2184 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Well got all excited then, even with £1k off I’m struggling to get the bike I Want, but I know after XMas prices will just drop further. The R1200gsTE in red 2016 is what I’m trying to locate for 10k with lauggage. Lucky for me the 1250 is due.

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:42 pm

on the other hand it's reassuring to know GS's hold their value better than the competition :) and trust me they won't drop further at our place. We're taking a hit on every one it's just after a successful quarter we have too many px's in and have decided to have a one off sale to clear some stock.

Bear in mind we have to pay £500 for the warranty and recovery. £88 for the RFL, plus the 2 years service costs and the £1000 off. There's no way we have that much in a used bike. It'd be nice to think that previous owners would roll over and let us have px's for nowt but that's not how it works :D

I've had a customer today tell me one of our bikes was the same price as a private sale with exact mileage, but of course the private sale wouldn't have the hpi, services to date, 2 years service, 2 years warranty, 2 years mot etc etc ..... to me it's a no brainer..... but apparently not
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:04 pm

So many aspects in play with new/used prices - especially when you throw PCP into the mix (as most, it seems new 'sales' - are)

I think it is a very dificult calculation on each trade-in/PCP trade-on - to ensure that the required profit is returned for a dealer.
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Blackal wrote:So many aspects in play with new/used prices - especially when you throw PCP into the mix (as most, it seems new 'sales' - are)

I think it is a very dificult calculation on each trade-in/PCP trade-on - to ensure that the required profit is returned for a dealer.
I am sure you are right. I have a couple of clients who work in separate motor franchises , in different departments too, here in the Borders, it is not a pretty picture they paint. The dealers are made to jump through all the hoops and invest in corporate image, given stingy target times on service and warranty repairs. Have to train tecchys up to an ever accelerating tech revolution and then get beaten with shitty corporate and punter sticks when perceptions dictate.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Trade Section”