Applecross Inn

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

big rob

Applecross Inn

Postby big rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:06 am

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/ne ... de-an-mbe/

We met this incredible lady a few years back when we turned-up at the Applecross Inn looking to be fed. The place was stowed out, rather than turn us away she suggested we enjoy a beer on the beach outside & she would come & find us once she had 2 seats available.
Sometimes one is disappointed when a venue has such a great reputation, not the Applecross Inn, she did come & find us and the meal was outstanding.

Well done to all the team there.

Rob & Gail :)

slparry

Re: Applecross Inn

Postby slparry » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Stayed there many times and as you say Rob, Judith is a great hotelier, very customer focussed. She also owns a sister hotel to the Applecross Inn, the Loch Ness Inn at Drumnadrochit.

It's great to see the hard work recognised!
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

ianc53

Postby ianc53 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:42 pm

It's very well deserved, stayed there a couple of times.
It has a great atmosphere and amazing sea food, but don't venture outside in midge season - you will be eaten alive.
Talking to a local who helped out there he claimed her record is over 1,000 covers in a day!!
My daughter is already on to me to book for a summer bike trip there again this year.

Cheers

Ian
Motorrad R1250RS SE 2023
Blue R100RS 1980
Suzuki GT250B 1977

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:38 pm

When I was there in July unfortunately I had a picnic to scoff so didn't get to sample the grub. The place was rammed - on a Monday lunchtime before schools had broken up. A fair few bikes and cars, but shitloads of white mobile road blocks. I did, however, have a superb coffee from the Airstream-style wagon outside (the 'Inn-side Out' if memory serves?).

Mike
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

Return to “Boxerbanter”