First Ride R9t Racer

This is the forum for current/former/aspiring 'S owners to discuss their other two wheeled choices.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

First Ride R9t Racer

Postby boxerscott » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:17 pm

So, a 300mile plus ride last Friday down to Stamford Bridge and back. The weather looked favourable but it turned out to be bloody cold on a mixture of fast sweepy a roads, Mway and Urban riding. Heated grips did not seem as warm as my R1200r ones.gearbox is silky smooth, sounds great, suspension and brakes work well. Bike takes a lot more rider input than my r1200r but is very rewarding when you get momentum and re learn boxer riding without traction control, quick shifter, esa. I had an early reminder how easily a rear wheel lock up can be induced with clumsy downshift, Other than that the bike is no less comfortable than my previous gsxr 750 and Ducati evo. If you are reasonably fit and supple the bike is no way extreme as reported by folk who have tooled about on a borrowed bike for an hour or two. fun bike looks great too. Looking forward to next ride.

Thumbs up from me :)

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Re: First Ride R9t Racer

Postby Blackal » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:18 pm

"reasonably fit and supple" :lol:

:laughing6:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Return to “My other bike's a...”