noisy exhaust?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Paul, slparry, Gromit

User avatar Wales
slparry
Moderator
Posts: 6341
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:19 pm
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

noisy exhaust?

Postby slparry » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:34 am

there goes the noisy pipe brigade


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48564995
--
Steve Parry
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

User avatar England
Al
Member
Posts: 1161
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:56 am
Location: Devon

Re: noisy exhaust?

Postby Al » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:29 am

Just seen that on b/fast news, slightly biased against bikes!!!! Boy racers mentioned in the studio but not a single loud car shown in the report.

Al.
Shiny Silver/Grey BMW R1200GS
Blue Yamaha XT660X
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster.
Swift Motorhome.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als)

Great Britain
boxerscott
Posts: 3217
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:07 pm
Location: scottish borders
Contact:

Re: noisy exhaust?

Postby boxerscott » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 pm

I think illegal exhausts on bikes are more ridiculous because of the age of the person riding the bike. Boy racers can be excused because of the classification "Boy". It is right to get rid of anti social behaviour exercised in or on any vehicle.

Chris.
I am the Village Green Preservation Society. God Bless Strawberry Jam and all it`s variety.

Great Britain
dave the german
Member
Posts: 3147
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:35 am
Location: North East

Re: noisy exhaust?

Postby dave the german » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:51 am

boxerscott wrote:I think illegal exhausts on bikes are more ridiculous because of the age of the person riding the bike. Boy racers can be excused because of the classification "Boy". It is right to get rid of anti social behaviour exercised in or on any vehicle.

Chris.

Here here!! :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

User avatar Ireland
nab 301
Member
Posts: 2259
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:41 pm
Location: Dublin Ireland

Re: noisy exhaust?

Postby nab 301 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:10 pm

Did anyone ever try purchasing an aftermarket exhaust for say an older motorcycle that was deemed by the supplier to be Mot friendly whatever that means ? I did and had to remove it after a couple of weeks because it was ear splittingly too loud with baffle fitted. The alternative was an OE item that would have cost more than the bike was worth... I ended up patching up the original.
_________________
Nigel

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

England
kfrogzx7
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 pm
Location: Suffolk

Re: noisy exhaust?

Postby kfrogzx7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:11 am

I'm all for a bit of noise, within reason admittedly, it's saved my bacon a few times whilst filtering or approaching dithering biddies in their Micra's.
Also, I'm not sure about the boy racers having a claim to be the noisiest, have you heard a vintage and classic rideout pass your house on a Sunday morning !!!
We've got to many laws already, we don't want more.
Simon.
R1100s, R1200st, R1150rs. K100rs.

User avatar Scotland
Blackal
Posts: 7897
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:53 pm

Re: noisy exhaust?

Postby Blackal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:26 am

I think the Harley boys are in for a surprise. :?
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

User avatar England
milleplod
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:46 am

Re: noisy exhaust?

Postby milleplod » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:22 am

Blackal wrote:I think the Harley boys are in for a surprise. :?


Quite right too - they sound bloody horrible anyway, never mind on open pipes!! :evil:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Great Britain
boxerscott
Posts: 3217
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:07 pm
Location: scottish borders
Contact:

Re: noisy exhaust?

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 pm

I posted again on this last night, then deleted it when i woke up . In a moment of lucidity i saw where this post was going then after my corn flakes it felt off topic. loud exhausts suck. Only a Bellend thinks they are cool or for some unimaginable reason one thinks it makes them safe and therefore offsets the anti social demeanour.

Loud exhausts suck. on any vehicle.

chris
I am the Village Green Preservation Society. God Bless Strawberry Jam and all it`s variety.

User avatar Scotland
Blackal
Posts: 7897
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:53 pm

Re: noisy exhaust?

Postby Blackal » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:12 pm

boxerscott wrote:I posted again on this last night, then deleted it when i woke up . In a moment of lucidity i saw where this post was going then after my corn flakes it felt off topic. loud exhausts suck. Only a Bellend thinks they are cool or for some unimaginable reason one thinks it makes them safe and therefore offsets the anti social demeanour.

Loud exhausts suck. on any vehicle.

Victor Meldrew


Who let him in?? :?
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Great Britain
dave the german
Member
Posts: 3147
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:35 am
Location: North East

Re: noisy exhaust?

Postby dave the german » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:40 am

Blackal wrote:
boxerscott wrote:I posted again on this last night, then deleted it when i woke up . In a moment of lucidity i saw where this post was going then after my corn flakes it felt off topic. loud exhausts suck. Only a Bellend thinks they are cool or for some unimaginable reason one thinks it makes them safe and therefore offsets the anti social demeanour.

Loud exhausts suck. on any vehicle.

Victor Meldrew


Who let him in?? :?


He cannot be serious
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike


Return to “Boxerbanter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests