Tank support bolt

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Neil178

Tank support bolt

Postby Neil178 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:35 pm

On the left hand side is not going to be used on my upcoming trip.
Goddamn almost impossible to put it in and tighten it with the Lennies and San Jose airbox. I say almost because I managed it before somehow but the old magic touch is long gone. A real chicken and egg going on here and I’m not talking sandwiches. :evil:
Virtual beers waiting for any Demi-god here that can explain how to bend the laws of physics.

simon

Re: Tank support bolt

Postby simon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Try leaving Lennie off.. I've been going commando for ages.. air filters stay cleaner longer.
Simon, now with a third
Yellow '98 R1100S
(..a bit more gimpy tho' [smilie=crutch.gif])

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:11 pm

Ha! I didn’t think of that Simon.
Since swearing and shouting didn’t work, I had a coffee and a sarnie. Refreshed I actually got it done. Quite why it was such a pig I don’t know but happy days it’s sorted.
Since I’m typing ... put new front brake hoses on and bled them. I tried the trick I’ve read about about tying the brake lever back overnight. Wow, amazing difference.

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:36 am

simon wrote:Try leaving Lennie off.. I've been going commando for ages.. air filters stay cleaner longer.

You absolute rebel. I thought it was rank heresy not to have the infinitesimal power gain that the mystic Lennies duct gave you :D
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Boxertech”