halfords deal

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

halfords deal

Postby boxerscott » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:09 pm

200 pce socket set £140.00. seems a good prezzie to buy for the wifey for yoursen. :lol:

Whilst existing stocks last. Only a few left in Gala when I popped in to buy man stuff.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

SP250

Re: halfords deal

Postby SP250 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:21 am

I won a set of those at a classic car club quiz night and thought they would be crap quality.
But on using them have found that they are really rather good.
A match for my Britool ones bought 40 years ago but not as good as Snap On stuff.

Yer pays yer money etc - especially if you're trying to get rid of the wife Chris..............

John M
John M

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:39 pm

They are not bad quality at all John, ideal for the hobbyist mechanic. I have been using them for years , am finding that the commonly used hex and torx heads are getting a bit worn. The pro mechanic or single person (do you see how diversity trends are influencing me) can possibly justify spending on Snap on etc.

I fitted a cheapo chinese hugger to my racer the other night, getting the long Torx bolt out of the paralever strut proved a challenge with a slightly worn torx bit.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Al

Postby Al » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:15 pm

The Advanced/Professional range have a lifetime warranty on them, as long as they haven’t been ground down or show signs of abuse with a hammer etc they will change them for new.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Originally you had to have the receipt but now they just replace. They are perfect for the hobbyists. There are generally some good deals on tool box bundles at this time of the year too
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Return to “Boxerbanter”