RAPID BIKE EVO

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

hellboyrich

RAPID BIKE EVO

Postby hellboyrich » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:34 pm

Hello guys

question for the Knowledged please

Anyone had or used a rapid module on the 1200s and what results were achieved i currently have a booster plug fitted but have seen some information that the ECU learns to get round the settings after a while is this true or not therefore making it redundant.

Many thanks

Rich
hellboyrich

jeznewsome

Re: RAPID BIKE EVO

Postby jeznewsome » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:32 am

I was hoping that they'd be someone with some knowledge too!

hellboyrich

Postby hellboyrich » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:30 pm

Just to ask again reference this subject please

Anybody heard about the booster plug so called possible glitch of being by passed by the ecu cant see it myself but have to ask

Also ecu remaps have read some interesting reviews unsure weather its miss information or true

regards rich
hellboyrich

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:32 am

There are many devices out there to add a touch more fuel. Last year I added a AF-XiED to my 1100. The difference surprised me, so much nicer to ride now. My understanding is that the ECU doesn’t learn it’s there. Just don’t ask me to explain why that is!
I had considered a John Gemini (sp?) chip that has a lot of good feedback, but I kept the original.
The booster plug should also work but it’s a blunt tool. I have a Rapid box for my other bike but it’s not fitted yet so I can’t comment but I hope it works well!

hellboyrich

Postby hellboyrich » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:08 pm

thanks neil

Thanks for the information and reply yes the plug i think is a blunt tool thats why i after feedback on the evo module or like

regards rich
hellboyrich

hellboyrich

Postby hellboyrich » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Just had a question thrown at me buy our own VW techs

As the rapid bike easy uses the o2 sensors to control the fuel could you in theory run it along with the booster plug set up as this is only on the air induct circuit and what do we think would happen

any takers ????????? i guess i could try when the easy comes and report

regards rich
hellboyrich

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:02 pm

Isn’t the gizmo (select from the handful available) inserted by using the bikes connectors? So you can only use one. Unless you want to break out the soldering iron!
Ah, just realised that’s on the 1100 and you asked on a 1200. No idea on the 1200 sorry.

jeznewsome

Postby jeznewsome » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:52 am

I suggest that the EVO would react to the lower air temp and initially fuel as per that temp....but then potentially tune out the fuel with the learning feature.

Why would you leave booster connected with the EVO?

hellboyrich

Postby hellboyrich » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:01 am

hi

thanks for the replies

that was my answer they will counter work against each other and give a lean or bad experience

So both separately are to be fitted as they are easy to do, and i will carry out separate rides to evaluate which on my bike feels the better and report in the next coming weeks

regards rich
hellboyrich

hellboyrich

Postby hellboyrich » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:33 pm

Hello to all

Hope all are safe

Bit of information reference the rapid bike easy fitting

Have fitted on my 1200s and have run it to work and back 4 times the slightly longer route :oops:

Ok so removed the booster plug which I have had for some time and yes it seemed to work well no complaints but had recently noticed slight roughness to its performance nothing major but just a little blunt or flat it might be i Had just got use to it so the reason for trying something different.

Rapid bike o2 easy module purchased after some good reports r9 t owners etc

The biggest ball ache was the fitting and hiding the wiring but successfully done and you wouldn’t know the rapid easy unit sits nicely under the seat and is set as per the instructions no 5 for twins and +3 map on the second.

Well the difference is very different from before the bike ticks over slightly higher than before once warm the performance is in my option much more progressive and way stronger ultimately it will have the same power just the delivery is very powerful now I guess some one else’s more Modern map for the engine has allowed it to perform at maximum output to give you some idea the Engine pick up is noticeably super quick and freely goes right round the clock almost wishing I had a 7 gear its that progressive no lag what’s so ever

Working very well with my other mods which are headers no cat hp2 air box rear hattech exhaust.

To me it now feels bullet fast and a bit of a brute in the punch the engine note when hot is also different deeper maybe I guess cause it’s a new tune it’s going to be different the surprise is how different and significantly more improved the engine is over how it was before

Best149 spend from flea bay rapid bike easy :D :D

Regards to all will report when I can do a 100mile run

Rich
hellboyrich

SP250

Postby SP250 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:56 pm

HBR

Be interesting to see how much it affects the fuel consumption as well after you have put some miles on it.
John M

hellboyrich

Postby hellboyrich » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:02 am

Hi HBR

Yes agree the fuel side will be interesting but with the booster plug it wasn’t very good either so it’s going to be close I think

Mind you it’s the performance side which interests me and as said this is the newest simple box on the market and I think it has brought more elaborate software and hardware to our boxer units great for us :D :D

Regards rich
Last edited by hellboyrich on Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellboyrich

hellboyrich

Postby hellboyrich » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:04 am

Hi John

Yes agree the fuel side will be interesting but with the booster plug it wasn’t very good either so it’s going to be close I think

Mind you it’s the performance side which interests me and as said this is the newest simple box on the market and I think it has brought more elaborate software and hardware to our boxer units great for us :D :D

Regards rich
hellboyrich

RoLoo

Postby RoLoo » Thu May 14, 2020 6:32 pm

hellboyrich wrote:
The biggest ball ache was the fitting and hiding the wiring but successfully done and you wouldn’t know the rapid easy unit sits nicely under the seat and is set as per the instructions no 5 for twins and +3 map on the second.

Rich

Had the RapidBike fitted just above the ABS-unit.
The little black box you see.

It's up there for some 13 years now... 8)

And did the first few dyno runs in 2009

I changed some hardware between 2009 and later, and the S feels stronger (more midrange power).
Haven't had the S up on the dyno for a proper 'new-hardware-set-up' again... :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5wwl5rnsWs

Today's sound : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P15XyUGmyc
Have a nice day !
Ron.

R1200S + R1200RT
(RoLoo as in RowLow...)

Return to “Boxertech”