Told to Self Isolate 15:30 Mon 16th March

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

BoxerCup R

Told to Self Isolate 15:30 Mon 16th March

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:41 am

Mon 16th March

So I'd had a bit of an irritating dry cough for a few days that started last week then Mon 16th March in the afternoon just didn't feel right, headache wanting to come on, slight nasal feeling, little lower back aching around the kidney area and just not feeling right. So I rang my GP as a precaution and got a call back from the duty Doctor, "I can tell you are driving, I suggest you go home now and self isolate for 7 days which is the Gov guidelines". I rang Carolyn and at the same time the Scottish Gov had confirmed 2 cases of Coronavirus at Carolyn's work in Victoria Quay, Leith. She spoke to her immediate boss and they agreed she should go home and self isolate for 14 days. We both started taking paracetamol Mon pm.

Tues 17th March

Usually awake from 2:30 am everyday from middle of Feb till end of April, body says "Wakey, Wakey, Spring is round the corner and you are WIDE AWAKE JOHN" but slept till 4am today, woo hoo. soaked in a hot bath for an hour. Felt ok, still a little cough every now and then but other than that I felt fine. Kept popping the paracetamols round the clock and plenty of fluids including 4 guinness to celebrate St Patricks Day, as you do. Started on DIY, filled cracks in the ceiling and walls in the house bathroom and caulked all the gaps around the door architrave and window.

Wed 18th March

Up outta bed and downstairs for 3am. Body ache has upped a notch this morning and feeling a little weak. Soaked in a Hot bath for an hour and don't feel myself at all. I had the Flu, proper Flu in 1998 when it floored me for a week and I was weak as a kitten and this is starting to feel similar, lets see whats happens from here on in. Carolyn showing no symptoms and is fine and working from home with conference calls to her team and boss.

On the plus side, I've booked to have my two rear tyres on my car replaced at home tomorrow #everycloud... :wink:

Be safe.
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Re: Told to Self Isolate 15:30 Mon 16th March

Postby Paul » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:11 am

Wishing you all the best for a fast and full recovery matey. Keep us posted.

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Yes good luck. lets hope its 'just' a heavy cold or flu which everyone seems to forget still exist.
10 KTM RC8

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Paul wrote:Wishing you all the best for a fast and full recovery matey. Keep us posted.

Paul

Cheers Paul, I'll be fine, no matter what it is, it won't beat me. I've survived three series bike accidents with my life, ain't no invisible bastard bug taking my life, I've got loads of places to go on my bikes yet #notfinishedridingyet #glasshalffull

Humbug wrote:Yes good luck. lets hope its 'just' a heavy cold or flu which everyone seems to forget still exist.

I'll beat it no matter what it decides it is :wink:

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Well done John for catching" it" I like the fighting talk and your willingness to take one for the team. Keep us informed.

Did you buy Continentals?

:wink:

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:01 pm

boxerscott wrote:Well done John for catching" it" I like the fighting talk and your willingness to take one for the team. Keep us informed.

Did you buy Continentals?

:wink:

Chris

I'll do as directed and stay in to help keep it from the Borders for ya Chris :wink:

"Did you buy Continentals ?" :lol: :thumbright: No, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's N rated for Porsche, can't fault them wet or dry Mate :bounce: They don't fookin last but who gives a shit when you are 'on the edge' :wink: #nonotmeofficer

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:23 pm

hope all goes OK - can't even get any bog rolls out me trailer for yer
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Get well soon , I phoned my GP surgery recently ( not Covid 19 related , although I wasn't asked) to be told he was out sick for a week , I guess he's self isolating and I guess we're on our own for the duration If it's not Covid related :shock:

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:14 pm

Seriously, i think it is in everyone`s interest to do as directed, however I am going to a mates funeral on Friday and he has laid on a gig for everyone with a truly wonderful country /folk singer and his band. I fear the gig will not be going ahead and if it does i will be torn between doing as told or going for a really fun time in seeing him off.

These are truly challenging times for everyone. Fortunately i am still working but Amanda`s job has gone down the Gary Glitter for the foreseeable future. I am really looking forward to getting out on the bike and into the garden. Bronson is getting lots of walks so there lie 3 massive blues beaters. I have books to read and jobs to do round the property so plenty to keep me occupied. I am also joining the Jed Resilience group (at favourable rates :wink: ) hopefully I can be of service there.

All our enthusiasms and plans have truly taken a hit from this wee beastie. however if this is the worse thing to happen to us in our lives then we should count ourselves lucky.

BTW John, I can smell them new tyres... luvverly rubba!

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:01 am

As you may know, I re-located to Spain 3 years ago.

Our Prime Minister took a drastic step last week to try and slow down the Virus.

The following i a friends , she posted it on Facebook yesterday , basically sums it all up quite well .

So , we continue .

So for friends in the uk that are hearing about what is happening over here in Spain. This is the reality...
Yes we are in total quarantine... What does that mean?
*Well everything is closed apart from pharmacies, supermarkets, petrol stations. Tabacs (only in Spain)
*All bars and restaurants and shops are closed.
*We are not allowed to leave the house unless it's to buy food or an emergency.
*We are not allowed more than 1 person in a car.
*We are only allowed to walk our pets within 50 metres of our house and a quick walk on your own.
*We are not allowed to just take a walk or a bike ride to get fresh air
*All childrens outdoor parks are closed. Beaches are closed.
*In supermarkets you cannot enter unless you are wearing gloves and put sanitizer on. They are provided at the door
*At the pharmacy tape 2m apart outside door, only one person can enter at a time and only go 1m away from the counter
*The majority of us have suddenly found ourselves with no work
*In supermarkets and queues we have to stay in single file with a 2 meter distance between each person.
*Many hospital appointments have been cancelled
*There are hefty fines if you do not abide by the rules.

This is saving lives!

Off to buy bread.jpg
Off to buy bread.jpg (753.21 KiB) Viewed 9312 times
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:00 am

I really like the "no more than 1 in a car" - it made me laugh anyway
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:39 am

Thank you Gerry, we are nearly there, days away if not hours. Keep safe my friend :wink:

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:11 am

Get well fast BC-R.
I don’t think I have ever had the flu proper, but have certainly had stinking bad colds that laid me out and that was bad enough.
No reported cases yet near me (BBC website) so I’m out for a coffee whilst I can.
Then stare at empty shelves in Sainsbury’s before more self isolation.
It’s all a bit surreal and rather worrying to say the least.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Continued recovery John :thumbup:

Not looked at too much internet - been too busy sorting out stuff.

Now working from home -hoping the project continues for a while.

Reckon we will be locked down from tomorrow, so that is the bike use stopped effectively.

Had proper flu twice in my life (much younger) but I've decided that I am not getting CoronaVirus. :|

I think it will be a long time before holidays are planned and taken again
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Neil178 wrote:Get well fast BC-R.
I don’t think I have ever had the flu proper, but have certainly had stinking bad colds that laid me out and that was bad enough.
No reported cases yet near me (BBC website) so I’m out for a coffee whilst I can.
Then stare at empty shelves in Sainsbury’s before more self isolation.
It’s all a bit surreal and rather worrying to say the least.

I've had 'The Flu' once in my life, 1998, yes I remember it cause it completely 'floored me' I was bed ridden for a week and sweated 2 pints of water a day, not funny lying in a soaking wet bed but thats what happened, not nice. I am feeling ok today, an ache or two but I am used to pain everyday #bikecrashbrokenbones but can easily live with this knowing I will beat it.

AL> Thanks Mate :thumbright:

Keep safe, look after yourself and your family and friends and keep fit & healthy everyone :lovestory: :thumbleft:

See you 'on the road' on the other side of this shit :occasion5:

Return to “Boxerbanter”