Media....?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Re: Media....?

Postby boxerscott » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:21 pm

So today in uk, PAYE employees stood down for whatever reason can claim 80pc of their salary up to a max of £2.5k per month. Self employed can claim £90 per week. Councillors , mps, lords, baronesses and ministers on full pay. There is no way on Gods earth this is going to create a wartime spirit of unity, resilience and stiff upper lip.

That area 51 lookalike Health advisor and the Chief Science advisor should be taken outside and have their bollocks nettled rashed publicly.They are guessing, my dog has just as much an idea when to unlock things. Boris should do what his gut instinct and all his rich cronies are telling him... let it take its course. Open the windies in the wards, redact the bedblockers, Lockdown health centres, hole the inflatables crossing into european waters, put the cost of prescriptions up. make everyone respect the NHS, and not take it for granted or abuse it. The oldies that score life`s goal hopefully leave some inheritance for a new Audi ,BMW,Jag or the HMC benefits. Pubs stay open. WIN WIN boys! :wink:

BTW I did have my first ride today on empty dry roads, unfortunately it was early evening and fecking freezing even with heated grips on max setting I had trouble undoing my gloves and zippers. I was only out for 35 minutes on my blast into England and back over the Carter Bar. I should have checked the fuel gauge before i set off as coming back I was on fresh air which moderated progress. Tomorrows trip to Yorkshire to visit my chronically deteriorating elderly mum and give a nice Mothers Day dose of fresh Scottish viruses will not be on the Bike.

This panic is bringing the best out of folk.. and the Worst. let`s be rational and sensible with our behaviours even though the Country is going bankrupt.

Chris
Last edited by boxerscott on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:23 pm

dave the german wrote:Gerry, I don't think we have found that community spirit yet. Certainly I haven't seem it apart from the odd utterances in the media where there have been some true saints - hopefully it will replace the me me me outlook that seems prevalent at the moment but in all honesty I'm not holding my breath. The supermarkets were emptied last night of alcohol which suggests to me that helping others isn't primary in most peoples thoughts

So sad hey ....

The same folk who film some thing happening rather than jump in to help ... :'( :'(
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

popsky

Postby popsky » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:50 pm

Here’s a little good spirit, my wife saw our next door neighbour obviously distressed and asked how she was, family of mum dad and 3 kids from toddler to 10 year old, they have no transport and for 2 days she’s walked all over Minehead to try to find loo roll, with no luck, K offered them 4 rolls, she was really pleased, later that day K was talking to one of her clients about what had occurred, who then told her husband who went to all the local supermarkets with no luck, somebody suggested our local petrol station where he found some and bought them and gave them to us to pass on, which I did that evening. Just a little thing but felt good to help in a small way.

Both me and K, (living in a “retirement” town), have plenty of older clients and have offered our services to get shopping or anything, and I’m sure there’s plenty doing that all over the country. Trouble is you only get to hear about the selfish and the louts with today’s tabloid journalism, the silent majority are just that silent.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:06 am

popsky wrote:Here’s a little good spirit, my wife saw our next door neighbour obviously distressed and asked how she was, family of mum dad and 3 kids from toddler to 10 year old, they have no transport and for 2 days she’s walked all over Minehead to try to find loo roll, with no luck, K offered them 4 rolls, she was really pleased, later that day K was talking to one of her clients about what had occurred, who then told her husband who went to all the local supermarkets with no luck, somebody suggested our local petrol station where he found some and bought them and gave them to us to pass on, which I did that evening. Just a little thing but felt good to help in a small way.

Both me and K, (living in a “retirement” town), have plenty of older clients and have offered our services to get shopping or anything, and I’m sure there’s plenty doing that all over the country. Trouble is you only get to hear about the selfish and the louts with today’s tabloid journalism, the silent majority are just that silent.

Good on you Phil and Karen and to the other Good Samaritan (and as you rightly said the other silents)
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:43 pm

Well we’ve had our first food orders from some of our elderly customers so tomorrow we have 5 bags labelled but it’s only bits and pieces so hopefully shan’t have any trouble.

Fingers X’d
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Return to “Boxerbanter”