My garage occupants

This is the forum for current/former/aspiring 'S owners to discuss their other two wheeled choices.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

none

Re: My garage occupants

Postby none » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:44 pm

SV650 is what Suzuki came up to gain market share against Ducati Monster.
They are rock solid bikes, cheap to purchase used, plenty of aftermarket parts for performance, carbs & exhaust are easily tuned to your riding preference, stock parts are also cheap.
I've purchased at least 6 of them since 2010, all first gen (99-02 models), I prefer 1st gen SV650 over 2nd or 3rd gen FI models.
All bought at cheap prices, sold with profits. Including this pair:
The first gen models are lightly lighter in weight, chassis is not teeth chattering stiff, suspension are easily sorted with RaceTech valves at below $150 US. They are my favorite track bike next to CBR F4i.
Chances favor the prepared mind.

none

Postby none » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:33 am

Picked up a 2002 ABS model, $600.
8.8k miles on odometer, comes with a GIVI topbox.
Needs brake fluid change, likely brake hoses replacement, too.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:42 am

It looks to be in good order, and a snip at $600. Presumably you could not find a Suzuki Burgman to keep your SV650s company in the garage?
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:31 pm

Here , these are basically the same bike as the old sv 650, never sold well but a better bike and ready to go. Seems good value.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-Suzuki- ... SwpJ5gEDzq

Back in the day seemed a bit of a girlie bike but perhaps not today at that money.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

none

Postby none » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Paul wrote:It looks to be in good order, and a snip at $600. Presumably you could not find a Suzuki Burgman to keep your SV650s company in the garage?

I already have two Burgman 650, one in my garage in PA, pictured along with my R1150RS earlier in this thread.

Another in NYC as commuter in Manhattan.
With the purchase of the Reflex, I think that Burgman in Manhattan will be up for sale this spring.

boxerscott wrote:Here , these are basically the same bike as the old sv 650, never sold well but a better bike and ready to go. Seems good value.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-Suzuki- ... SwpJ5gEDzq

Back in the day seemed a bit of a girlie bike but perhaps not today at that money.

Chris

I had traded a Bandit 1200 for a Gladius back in 2009, with 0% financing deal, the Gladius cost me far less than it is worth.
I paid it off within a few months and sold it for a high profit.

Gladius had some poor suspension & the seat was just not agreeing with me rear end for any rides above 2 hrs.
Even with its fantastic engine & handling characters, I didn't keep it when it was the right thing to do to sell for profit.
Overall it was an excellent bike, if only the seat was more comfortable. For the cost of Gladius or SV650, these are just great values.

Return to “My other bike's a...”