Certificate of Conformity Charges

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Paul, slparry, Gromit

Scotland
Grip Fast

Certificate of Conformity Charges

Postby Grip Fast » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:18 am

Interesting list of contacts and charges to receive a ULEZ Certificate of Conformity. Some manufacturers will issue them for free, others charge (BMW £120).

I'm not planning on riding into London, ever, so not affected, but for those who have to, it must be a worry.

https://wiki.mag-uk.org/images/f/fd/How ... mption.pdf

User avatar Great Britain
Boxermed69

Re: Certificate of Conformity Charges

Postby Boxermed69 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm

I needed a C of C when I imported my bike from Ireland a few years ago. Phoned BMW UK expecting a right old palaver and for it to cost a 3 figure sum. They took the VIN over the phone and sent me one FOC. Didn't even charge me postage. Result! :thumbright:

Mike
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

Scotland
Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Boxermed69 wrote:I needed a C of C when I imported my bike from Ireland a few years ago. Phoned BMW UK expecting a right old palaver and for it to cost a 3 figure sum. They took the VIN over the phone and sent me one FOC. Didn't even charge me postage. Result! :thumbright:

Mike

Perhaps the good folks at BMW UK don't like MAG so fed them a line. Good result for you though, Mike.

User avatar England
Al

Postby Al » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:34 pm

Been posts on ukgser about the ulez and BMW took a couple of months and £130 to supply Certs.

Al.
Shiny Silver/Grey BMW R1200GS
Blue Yamaha XT660X
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster.
Swift Motorhome.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als)

User avatar Great Britain
Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:58 pm

I suspect such requests weren't great in number 4 or 5 years ago. Since this ULEZ business surfaced I'd imagine they've been getting stacks. There will of course be a cost involved in processing this lot, but I suspect BMW also quickly spotted a new potential revenue stream and swiftly added a zero. No doubt most of the other manufacturers are at it too.

It is my understanding that, when someone takes delivery of their spanking new bike, the C of C should be within the wodge of paperwork it comes with. I'm also led to believe that this often isn't the case. I received the C of C for my Ford car without having to ask for it - though didn't for the BMW MINI I had before. If and when I'm in a position to buy a new bike I think I will insist on having the certificate.

Mike
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

Pete.

Postby Pete. » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:31 am

Does the R1100s meet ulez criteria for an exemption? I don't mind forking out for an exemption but I do t want to spend £120 to find it's non-compliant.

User avatar Tokelau
popsky

Postby popsky » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Pete. wrote:Does the R1100s meet ulez criteria for an exemption? I don't mind forking out for an exemption but I do t want to spend £120 to find it's non-compliant.

You could turn inputting your Reg number to see

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra- ... ecker-ulez
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Oberautobahnjäger…………

Return to “Boxerbanter”